Seven victims of last week’s terrorist attack in Southern Kaduna have been buried in Unguwan Rimi village, Kauru local government area of Kaduna state.
Community sources said the victims, mostly minors, were laid to rest on Saturday by their families and religious leaders.
“They were laid to rest in their community by their families, religious leaders, and others,” a source told SaharaReporters via WhatsApp.
The killings occurred last Sunday night through Monday morning when heavily armed attackers invaded the village, killing seven residents.
Several adults reportedly escaped the assault.
In a related incident, bandits attacked Kokob-Bajaga village in Kajuru local government last Tuesday, killing one person, injuring another, and abducting six.
“The bandits killed one person and injured one person in the village, but took six people away. The soldiers helped in evacuating the corpse, but we are in fear because of the uncertainty of our safety,” a community leader said.
The attacks come amid the Kaduna government’s implementation of what it calls the “Kaduna model”—a peace pact with notorious bandit leaders, including Yellow Jambros and Dogo Gide.
The state said about 200 fighters surrendered under the deal, with some enrolled in government rehabilitation programmes.
Officials described the initiative as a holistic strategy for disarmament, reintegration and rural development, crediting it with the reopening of roads such as the Kaduna–Birnin Gwari highway.