adplus-dvertising
Today News

What Did You Do When You Had The Opportunity? – Gov Idris Slams Ex-Buhari Official For Attacking Tinubu’s Govt

Nasir Idris 2 768x514 1

The governor of Kebbi State, Nasir Idris, has berated an official who served under former president Muhammadu Buhari for criticising the government of President Bola Tinubu.

The governor, while speaking on Thursday during a special prayer session at the Government House, Birnin Kebbi, to mark the 34th anniversary of the state’s creation stated that the official lacks the moral standing to criticise Tinubu’s administration over insecurity in the country.

He argued that insecurity in Nigeria long predates the Tinubu administration, adding that the Federal Government had been responsive whenever Kebbi faced crises.

When security issues arose in southern Kebbi, I contacted the Chief of Defence Staff, who immediately deployed 10 Armoured Personnel Carriers to the affected areas. This shows the commitment of the current administration,” he said.

Speaking further he said, “Someone who held a major position during the Buhari administration, at a time when insecurity worsened in Kebbi, is now in Abuja accusing the present government of not doing enough, even alleging that over 200 people were killed.

“When he had the opportunity, what did he do?” Idris queried.

The governor warned that his administration would not allow politics to undermine ongoing security efforts.

He pledged continued financial and logistical support to security agencies, noting that while some states had withdrawn such assistance due to rising costs, Kebbi remained committed.


© 2025 Naijaonpoint, a division of NOP Media Inc. Contact us via [email protected]