adplus-dvertising
eNews

“Why I refused to pray with my cell mates” – Portable shares his experience in detention (Video)

Why I refused to pray with my cell mates Portable Kemi Filani blog min

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE

Controversial Nigerian singer Habeeb Okikiola, better known as Portable, has shared his recent experience in cell.

Refreshing your memory, the singer was detained last month by the police for assault, among others.

In an interview on Echo Room, he revealed that when he got to the government, he corrected the false narrative about him that he is crãzy. Portable disclosed that when he got to his cell room, the leader gave up his position for him, but he declined, as he believed he wasn’t meant to be there

Portable also mentioned how they beat new people in the cell; luckily for him, he didn’t experience such a thing.

The highlight of the interview was when he recounted how his cellmates, who were murderers, asked him to pray with them, but he refused because he wasn’t a killer and he didn’t believe their prayers would be answered.

“Thank God I am a Government’s child. They said I am a crãzy person, when I got the government I told them I am not a crãzy. When I entered Cell 4, I blessed them. Normally, they beat new people in the cell; when I got there, the head of the cell dethroned himself for me to become the leader, but I said No, this is not my house. Then I asked what his offence was; he said they accused him of murder. I told him to stay beside me as long as he didn’t kill me.

A person said we should pray; I said No, God doesn’t answer this kind of prayer. We aren’t in church. One said he had killed one person, another said he killed two people, and another said three people. I haven’t killed anyone, so our prayers cannot work together. Pray on your own.”

Kemi Filani reported in February that Portable got into trouble with Ogun State government. Portable cried out as the government sealed his uncompleted building and hotel over illegal development without an approval permit and detained some of his customers and workers.

The singer was declared by the Police for conspiracy, serious assault, armed, breach of public peace, and attempted murder through the recruitment of armed thugs. The singer later turned himself in at the Lagos State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) in Yaba, where he was transported to Ogun State Police headquarters.

Tne controversial singer was arraigned in court on five-count charges bordering on conspiracy, assault, and restriction, armed with cutlasses and guns, and conduct likely to cause harm. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and was granted an N20m bail and was restrained from speaking about it or anything related to it on social media. The magistrate court adjourned the case till March 5 for trial.

After been granted bail, Portable had made his first statement, saying he wouldn’t be looking for trouble anymore. The singer said he was only focused on making money and went on to express gratitude to his Maker.

WATCH FULL VIDEO

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE